The management of conflict at work is not easy. It is costly and time consuming and can lead to a drop in productivity and customer service, as well as increased stress levels, employee turnover and leave of absence through sick leave.
Mediation in the workplace is quick, does not affect the statutory rights of employers or employees, saves money and can help prevent conflicts arising in the future.
How can Cogent Mediation help?
- We are external mediators and therefore impartial - we can help parties reflect on conflicts with a fresh eye.
- We can arrange a mediation on short notice which can be essential to nip issues in the bud.
- We can give a fresh view – we add value by encouraging parties to move beyond entrenched beliefs and embrace practical and fair solutions.
- We are empathetic and highly experienced and can identify issues (including difficulties with workplace relationships) quickly.
- We focus on prevention and remedial approaches, allowing parties to re-build positive working relationships with their dignity intact.
- We arrange a follow up after the mediation finishes to help with any final issues.
- Mediation costs are much less that legal and employment tribunal costs. Cogent Mediation workplace and employment mediation costs start at £500.
Integrating mediation into your company policy can improve productivity, organisational health and well-being, teamwork and can be a catalyst for organisational change. Early intervention is particularly important when an ongoing working relationships need to continue. Mediation offers an efficient way to resolve disputes and this can normally be carried out in just one day. Mediation can help businesses handle disputes as a quicker and cheaper alternative to litigation.